Next Section - 3.27. Programming Exercises
3.26. Discussion Questions
- Convert the following values to binary using “divide by 2.” Show the
stack of remainders.
- Convert the following infix expressions to prefix (use full
- Convert the above infix expressions to postfix (use full
- Convert the above infix expressions to postfix using the direct
conversion algorithm. Show the stack as the conversion takes place.
- Evaluate the following postfix expressions. Show the stack as each
operand and operator is processed.
- 2 3 * 4 +
- 1 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 +
- 1 2 3 4 5 * + * +
- The alternative implementation of the
Queue ADT is to use a list
such that the rear of the queue is at the end of the list. What would
this mean for Big-O performance?
- What is the result of carrying out both steps of the linked list
add method in reverse order? What kind of reference results? What
types of problems may result?
- Explain how the linked list
remove method works when the item to
be removed is in the last node.
- Explain how the
remove method works when the item is in the
only node in the linked list.