Ebooks on Runestone Interactive¶
SECTION 1: Introduction¶
The Runestone platform allows you to create, modify, use, and serve interactive ebooks.
SECTION 2: Interactive Features¶
The ebooks allow learners to run and edit code using ActiveCode, visualize code execution, answer multiple-choice questions, answer fill in the blank questions, solve mixed up code problems, solve clickable code problems, match definitions to concepts, listen to audio tours of code, and more.
- ActiveCode - Python
- ActiveCode - Other
- Clickable Code
- Codelens in Python
- Codelens with Questions
- Codelens in Java
- Fill in the Blank
- Mixed-Up Lines - Parsons Problems
- Short Answer
- Timed Exam
SECTION 3: Other Features¶
SECTION 4: Creating a Custom Course¶
SECTION 5: Using the Instructor Dashboard¶
SECTION 6: Customizing the Table of Contents¶
SECTION 7: Writing your own Exercises¶
No matter what your use case for Runestone textbooks, we encourage you to become a part of our community. There are many ways you can get involved.
- Join the Runestone Instructors mailing list.
- Add some exercises to the Exercise Bank!
- Report any bugs you find on github.
- If you have an idea for a lab, lesson, chapter, or book you would like to make available for others write it up and send it to us.
- If you are a backend programmer, help us squash bugs there too.
- If you are a designer, and would like to improve the look and feel of the books, we would welcome suggestions and CSS!
- If you have a week this summer, we would welcome you to join us at the second Runestone hack week in beautiful Ann Arbor.